3.9.09

Don't Let This Be The End

The truth is essential. So, therefore, I have one truth for you. We all lie, we all hide things, we all end up doing something that doesn't reflect the truth. And, sometimes, we just don't want to admit it. All we want to do is run away from it or just pretend we are to dumb to see the truth just the way it is and how hard it can be every now and then.

I can't help myself by avoiding it. I just know it. I know now what the truth is and, believe me, it won't go away just because I act like a child by covering my ears and closing my eyes everytime something that happens reflects it. I want to be able to move on with my life, no matter what truths may cross my path, my journey. Is that something too ambitious to ask? I hope not because since today I'm more than commited to do that. Not for the others, but for me.

Why? Simply because I've had enough of endless nights without sleeping, I'm done with the red eyes and with the dark under my eyes and the way my white (white!) skin reflects how miserable I've been feeling this past days.


I know the truth. It's not easy for me to accept it, it's something I don't want to accept to be honest. It means that things have really changed and that the growing isn't always like you want it to be. But I promise today that I'll change and make this chapter of my life just another lesson, just another reminder about how to live and about how to get up and become a better person than before. Another lesson, a little bit more of living, but not the end.... just a opportunity to have a new beginning.


- Most things break, including hearts. The lessons of life amount not to wisdom, but to scar tissue and callus.
by Wallace Stegner

No comments:

Post a Comment