29.5.10

We Might As Well Be Strangers

"It is easier to forgive an enemy than to forgive a friend." (William Blake)


What's a friend? Really, I'm asking your opinion. Because more than ever I'm facing the reality that every person has their own definition on "friend". Each one of us seems to have a different perception about what's a friend and what is being a friend to someone.

A friend isn't someone who tells you the truth, even when you don't want to hear it?
A friend isn't supposed to be that person who'll sit next to you just so you know you aren't alone?
A friend isn't the person who let you cry all the tears you have because sometimes that's all you need to do?
A friend isn't the one who makes you company during the bad moments? Besides being always there for the good and wild moments?

In the few lines I wrote, isn't that a friend? Someone who's there for you, no matter what you are going through? Good or bad... (Especially in all bad moments).



But then, each friend is unique. Some forget things more than others. Some try to fix those moments where the memory wasn't good enough. Others don't even try and when trying to explain make even worse than the damaged that was already made. How should I react to that? Friends? Or people who I thought that were friends and that knew me well enough to know what could be my reactions?

No comments:

Post a Comment