7.7.10

A Pain That I'm Used To

You know that saying that goes something like this, "You fool me once, shame on you. You fool me twice, shame on me"? Who said this? Just for curiosity..

Yes, I think I agree with it but then.. then I see myself falling every now and then on the same mistake but with different people. I see myself getting fooled with the same thing that's just presented to me wrapped in a different paper. I mean, with that, the only thing I say is shame on me and only me. I should know some things already. Maybe I do know them otherwise I wouldn't recognize them it's true. Maybe I just pretend to not know them when everything is happening, wishing to myself that by closing the eyes everything will pass by and leave no mark on me. But you know what? Thats just plain WRONG!

I like to offer my help. I like to be a friend. I like to give. But sometimes maybe I give a little too much. Sometimes I probably give too much to someone who doesn't even reply with half of the caring I have for them. And then I start thinking. Then I get hurt. Then... then I don't know. I end up in my own world, just me, myself and I, with nothing but my thoughts and feeling something that I've been getting used to that, somehow, even after all this time, still hurts the same way it did in the beginning. It's a feeling that became more familiar than it should. I don't want it to be a part of me. I don't want to get used to it. I may found him from time to time but.. only from time to time please.


I just want to be right about people. Is that too much to wish for?

No comments:

Post a Comment