31.7.10

Things Have Changed

Remember that I once talked about how I don't like summer vacations? When I talked about the fact that summer vacations is when we often over think something just because we have the time and the opportunity?

Yes, I do keep the same opinion but perhaps I see it in other way too.
I still feel that the summer often gives me the opportunity to see how some people are but I also see how important it is to me because after all it's when I can organize things and grow up a little bit. We all need to grow up every once in a while.

This summer is going fast. Or maybe is just impression because I started it later than usual. Later or earlier, the thing is, I found myself somehow careless about things that used to worry me too much in the past. Those moments when I often found myself trying to reach everyone when there wasn't effort from the other part to reach me are no longer a constant presence. I just don't do that anymore. I do it once (or twice) but no more. I came to a conclusion..

Why should I spend my time and energy in something that's not worth it? Why would I spend my efforts in people that don't want to grow up or try to resolve things?


I'm not the same girl I was last year. Some would say that the reason for that is mainly the fact that I'm already in college but I know that's not the truth.

The truth is I accepted reality. I confronted the reality with my ideas of something ideal. I learnt to separate both. I learnt to know which one should I follow according to the situation and the potencial of a possible consequence.


Right now, it's just a matter of perspective.
Right now is just a matter of calculating the probabilities and chances of "winning".
Right now I just need to be smart enough to keep around me those who are good.

No comments:

Post a Comment